Sales trainers plan, develop, implement and evaluate training and development programs for company sales staff. They analyze training needs to ensure objectives and goals of the organization and work area are met. Sales trainers conduct training courses including demonstration of equipment, operation of video recorders/cameras and leading group discussions or role-playing activities.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?:
- Design and coordinate staff training programs
- Analyze training needs to ensure objectives are met
- Develop training resources such as notes and visual displays
- Conduct training courses
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs
- Obtain information on work-related external courses
- Provide career development sessions for existing staff
- Conduct induction sessions for new employees
- Assist in the recruitment, development, utilization and retention of workforce
- Work with managers to design, develop and/or deliver advanced sales manager trainings
- Work with training manager on succession planning process
- Coordinate follow-up and evaluations with employees
- Work directly with managers to ensure implementation of knowledge and skills
Recommended High School Courses:
The following high school courses are recommended: agricultural education, mathematics, biology, business and computer skills.
A bachelor’s degree in human resources, agricultural education, agricultural business or a degree relating to product/services being offered is required.