Parts managers are responsible for product inventory, warranty and service support to external customers. They develop key relationships with manufacturers to negotiate warranty, product performance and service. Additionally, they assist in the management of dealer/technical representative service, maintenance training and dealer’s customer installation process.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?:
- Have knowledge of company parts inventory
- Manage the parts and warranty process
- Set strategy for support standards
- Set and approve warranty and service-policy matters
- Develop key relationships with manufacturer
- Ensure technical information, upgrades and recalls are effectively managed
- Assist in the management of dealer/technical representative service
- Be responsible for ensuring progress on preventative care
- Set the priorities for service and customer care actions
- Serve as a communicator between the customer and service staff
Recommended High School Courses:
The following high school courses are recommended: agricultural education, mathematics, business and computer skills.
An associate degree in business or mechanical field is required.