Livestock loaders assist in loading market livestock onto and off of trucks. They assure safety and practice of proper animal handling techniques while loading. This includes following proper biosecurity guidelines and procedures. A willingness to work flexible hours is necessary.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?:
- Ensure practice of proper animal handling
- Follow proper biosecurity guidelines
- Assist in load schedules
- Ensure proper health care of animals
- Lift or move animals manually as needed
- Clean loading unit as needed
- Maintain load out equipment
Recommended High School Courses:
The following high school courses are recommended: agricultural education, a focus on sciences like animal science and biology, Spanish and mathematics.
A high school diploma is required, as is a valid driver's license and knowledge of the livestock industry chosen.