A graphic designer creates and designs graphical marketing content and media using computer software. They work through various media producing promotional materials: print, video, social media, presentations, advertising, blogs, newsletters, etc. Additionally, they develop marketing campaign concepts and deliver through multi-channel execution (print and digital).
What Responsibilities Will I Have?:
- Develop creative concepts for business marketing needs
- Work through various media forms producing promotional materials
- Knowledge of various design software tools
- Work with communications/marketing team to execute outlined marketing strategies
- Be aware of changes, rules and regulations to content
- Develop new creative assets for print following established brand guidelines
- Develop and deliver marketing campaign concepts
- Create digital assets for website and mobile sites
- Support design needs of various departments as assigned
- Ensure all brand standards are followed
- Package and label design
- Create and maintain technical labels/instructions for all products
- Maintain print library and requests
- Manage all company merchandise design, ordering and vendor relations
Recommended High School Courses:
The following high school courses are recommended: agricultural education, English, mathematics, art, design and computer skills.
A graphic designer should obtain an associate or bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital marketing or other related field.